|Type of chocolate||
Dairy free, Direct Trade, Vegan
Bean Geeks Guatemala 70%, Single Estate
Gently drum roasted.
Super fruity. Intense strawberry notes. Rich and surprisingly complex flavor profile with high acidity.
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
Type of cacao bean:
Indio Rojo (Red Mayan)
57 in stock
Cacao beans, organic cane sugar.
- The chocolate bars are wrapped in 100% compostable and chemical free paper made primarily of grass. It is printed in Copenhagen by KLS Pureprint – One of only 3 Cradle-to-Cradle certified printing houses on the planet.
- The inner Bio-film is made of plant derived PLA and is likewise 100% compostable.
- Due to the glue the labels and stickers are not compostable but they are printed on FSC certified paper with eco friendly ink and are fully recyclable.
- They sort and recycle as much of their waste as possible.
Please recycle the packaging and help re-create a greener planet!
Bean Geeks, Copenhagen, Denmark
Bean Geeks is Mikkeller's - the world’s most renowned craft beer brewers - answer to truly handcrafted bean-to-bar chocolate. Through an untiring passion for cacao varieties, roasting profiles and simple organic ingredients they want to let you re-discover what chocolate is really about. Just like they did in the jungle of Costa Rica. No artificial additives, no fancy ganaches or glittery gold wrappings, just lipsmackingly flavorful dark chocolate in its purist form from always organic ingredients.
BEAN GEEKS VALUES
Bean Geeks chocolate is made with only 2 basic ingredients - cacao beans and cane sugar. Therefore the quality as well as traceability is of the highest importance. Equally important is the environment and they take planetary responsibility very serious.
Direct Trade cacao
About 90% of all chocolate currently produced Worldwide is made from low quality cacao which is mass grown in West Africa under very poor working conditions. The chocolate, if you can call it that, is produced with a low cacao content, lots of refined sugar and cheap additives. Bean Geeks buy cacao beans of the highest quality and from friends only. They want to know personally who they are dealing with and they want to pay them well. The price they pay the farmers for their beans is way above Fairtrade level, securing them serious improvement of their living conditions. At the same time they know exactly what they get from which trees.
It is very important for Bean Geeks to use organic ingredients only in their production. They guarantee, that all cacao used in their chocolate is grown 100% organically, and that no chemicals of any kind is used on the farms. If this was the case they would not buy their beans. It is however a costly and complicated affair for their cacao farmers to get the proper organic certifications even though they do for sure meet the requirements on their farms. Bean Geeks are currently working on helping them get properly certified, but until then please take their word for it.
Recycling and sustainability
Bean Geeks have a strong aim to produce as little waste as possible. For this reason they use sustainably manufactured and biodegradable materials wherever possible, and they constantly seek to improve this where we can.
Their chocolate bars are wrapped in 100% compostable and chemical free paper made primarily of grass. It is printed in Copenhagen by KLS Pureprint - One of only 3 Cradle-to-Cradle certified printing houses on the planet.
The inner Bio-film is made of plant derived PLA and is likewise 100% compostable.
Due to the glue the labels and stickers are not compostable but they are printed on FSC certified paper with eco friendly ink and are fully recyclable.
They sort and recycle as much of their waste as possible.
Bean Geeks Chocolate APS
Humletorvet 27, 3rd. Floor Kopenhagen, Denemarken
- You can order via the normal product pages in the webshop or via the Quick Order Form.
- Both the Recommended Retail Price (incl. 9% VAT) as well the wholesale price (excl. VAT) is indicated for each product.
Pre-Order vs Stock-Order
- Stock products: Lead-time is 1-3 days.
- Zotter Special Order Products: Lead-time is 1 to 2 weeks.
- All other Special Order products: These are processed the last day of each month and delivered within 10 days after. Lead-time therefore varies from 1-5 weeks.
- All suggested retail prices are incl. 9% VAT, all wholesale prices are exclusive of VAT.
- It is possible to apply 0% VAT for EU customers based outside Holland. Please store your VAT number in the designated area of your account pages, or the checkout page.
Shipping costsWe charge a fixed fee for shipping (figures exclude VAT):
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Zone 5||Zone 6|
|Rest of the world|
|Shipping costs||€7,50||€12,50||€20,-||€25,-||€30,-||Only own transportation possible|
|Free order (free shipping)||€300,-||€450,-||€750,-||€1.000,-||€1.250,-|