Chocolate for Retail
Straight Bourbon Whiskey (70% dark) Seasonal Release
Beginning with the highest quality cacao from Brazil, Dick Taylor set out to create a chocolate bar unlike anything else they make. They begin by aging cocoa nibs in Alchemy Distillery’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey barrels for five months. Once fully aged, these delicious nibs are used to create a 70% Dark Chocolate bar adding only cocoa butter and cane sugar. The resulting bar is amazingly robust and complex with pronounced oak and bourbon flavors. A true one-of-a-kind tasting experience.
Seasonal release – while stocks last!
Free shipping available
100% satisfaction guarantee
Excellent customer service
More than 25 brands
Using the finest cacao, and a modern take on traditional European technique, Dick Taylor are able to fully realize the potential of the beans they source. All of their chocolate is carefully crafted from the bean in their small factory in Northern California.
Cacao*, Cane Sugar*, Cocoa Butter*, Bourbon Whiskey
Organic * (Cacao solids 70% Minimum)
DICK TAYLOR, Eureka, California, USA
Among the pioneers of the craft bean-to-bar chocolate in the USA, Adam Dick and Dustin Taylor founded Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate in 2010. They use traditional techniques, classic machinery and produce an authentic taste. This is the goal of the micro factory located in Eureka, California.
About Dick Taylor
- They use fine cacao from different origins from around the world: Madagascar, Brazil, Belize, Jamaica, Colombia and the Solomon Islands. On every chocolate bar, there is a detailed description of every origin and the story of how the chocolate makers discovered that specific cacao.
- The Dick Taylor inclusion bars are the delicious expressions of typical American flavors, from the year-round appreciated Brown Butter and Bourbon Whiskey bars to the seasonal Ginger Snap and Orange Bourbon Pecan bars.
- The beautiful custom design of their chocolate bars makes the Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate bars unique, recognizable and unforgettable. They are among the most photographed craft chocolate bars on Instagram.
- Before making chocolate, Adam and Dustin were boat makers.
- They have won a long list of international chocolate awards since 2013 for their single origin bars. The most awarded so far have been the 72% Madagascar Sambirano bar, with refreshing notes of citrus and red berry, and the 72% Belize Toledo bar, with delicate floral and nutty aromas.
- Despite the ever-increasing demand for their chocolate, Adam and Dustin
are committed to maintaining their high standards from the bean to the bar.
The Dick Taylor range
The dark chocolate bars by Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate don’t include any fillers like added cocoa butter, soy lecithin or vanilla, leaving every single-origin cacao the chance to express a distinctive aromatic profile. The cacao percentage in their plain dark chocolate bars never exceeds 75%. With only the addition of organic cane sugar, every bar is a journey of flavors across the world.
Their inclusion bars include stable flavors in their assortment and seasonal releases. Among the stable inclusion bars we find the popular Black Fig with 72% Madagascan cacao and the Fleur De Sal made using their signature Northerner Blend Chocolate. When the winter holiday season comes around, the Orange Bourbon Pecan is among their bestsellers.
Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate completes the selection with decadent drinking chocolate to be enjoyed at home or used by professionals. From the classic 72% Single Origin Belize to the 72% Peppermint, the authentic flavors of their craft chocolate can be savoured also in liquid form.
- We have no minimum order for EU customers.
- Minimum order for non-EU customers is €500,-
- Ordering goes by case quantity. If there's less stock than the case quantity the system won't allow you to add it to the cart. We can add this for you to your order manually. Just leave a note in the comments or contact us otherwise.
- You can order via the normal product or brand pages in the webshop or via the Quick Order Form.
- In My Quick Order you will find items you have previously ordered - even more convenient for repeat purchases!
- Both the Recommended Retail Price (excl. VAT) as well the wholesale price (excl. VAT) is indicated for each product.
We ship by DHL or PostNL. These usually deliver within 24 hours (within Holland and Belgium). For other countries the lead-time is about 2-3 days. After your order is processed and ready to ship you will receive a notification by email, detailing the scheduled delivery date and a Track & Trace code.
Shipping cost per country
We charge a fixed fee for shipping (figures exclude VAT):
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4||Zone 5||Zone 6|
|Croatia||Rest of the world|
|Shipping costs||€7,50||€15,00||€20,00||€25,00||€30,00||Actual cost|
|Free order (free shipping)||€150,-||€300,-||€400,-||€500,-||€600,-||none|
We can arrange transportation for orders to customers outside the EU and will provide an estimate of the shipping cost. Alternatively, you can arrange shipping & collection yourself.
In case you wish to book your own transport, you can indicate this at checkout. In which case we do not charge shipping- or order costs.
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Bancontact / Mister Cash (Belgium)
- Invoice - settlement terms 21 days d.o.i.
For new international customers we ask for payment in advance, before the dispatch of the goods. After 3 succesful orders we can switch to payment by invoice (settlement terms 21 days d.o.i.).
Product types and lead time
We have two types of products in our range; stock products and Zotter back-order products (e.g. hand-scooped).
|Stock products||Zotter backorder products (e.g. Hand-Scooped, Squaring the Circle)|
|Brands / products||Cacaosuyo, Chocolate Tree, Dick Taylor, Fjåk, Fruition, Krak, Menakao, Qantu, Standout, Taza, To'ak and Zotter.||All Zotter hand-scooped bars, all squaring the circle and all product from the Zotter range that are not available online but only via the price & ordersheet.|
|Procedure||These we supply from stock||These we do not stock and supply on customer order only.|
|Lead-time||1-3 working days||1 week|
On the Product page ('product data' tab) as well as on the Quick Order Form the type of product and the respective lead-time is indicated.
Combining stock products and Zotter back-order products in one order
It is possible to combine stock products and Zotter back-order products in one order. We will contact you to check if you want the order to be shipped in two parts or wait untill it's complete and then ship in whole.
Our team is here to help you.
Most ethical, most delicious
Perhaps it is because we have not been working in the chocolate business for so long (since 2014) that we work so passionately, accurately and in a personal way. In our team everyone brings his or her own expertise to the table. Organizing chocolate events, selling chocolate, writing articles, organizing tastings or master classes, judging at chocolate awards and much, much more. Our broad work and expertise leads to us always being on top of the latest trends. That is why we also know what your customers need, and how you can have a competitive advantage with the specialty chocolate that not many others sell.
Expect 1 - 5 days
Exclusive to businesses
For specific Region
More than 25 brands